DIGITAL MONOCHROME PHOTOGRAPHY
Creating Great Digital Black & White Photography Workshop
Do you remember those iconic black and white images that just grab your attention?
Black and white photography is making a big come back in digital photography. Most snap shot photographers capture the world in colour and do a simple one-step monochrome conversion. How would an image look like devoid of colours? How can your monochrome image stand out in a world of colour?
A monochrome photograph is about making a statement in the world of colour photography. Stripped of colours, a monochrome image has to speak out on it’s own.
During the workshop, we will be covering the following topics :
- A brief history of monochrome photography.
- Why monochrome photography.
- Thinking and visualising in the world of monochrome photography.
- Subjects or themes ideal for monochrome photography.
- The role of colours in monochrome photography
- We will also be exploring the usage of Adobe software to create monochrome photographs.
- Use of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for monochrome conversion.
- Use of Adobe Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) for monochrome conversion.
- Choice of paper for monochrome prints.
- A live demo from start to finish to produce an A4 monochrome print.
More Information about this workshop
- The workshop fee is €135 which includes workshop notes, refreshments and a fun learning experience.
- You are encouraged to come with your laptop installed with the latest Adobe CC Lightroom and preferably with Adobe CC Photoshop.
- Date of the workshop will be published.
- For more information or to sign up for the workshop, simply fill in the contact form.
Costs €135 which includes refreshments and a fun learning experience. Followed by the usual chill out wine tasting after the workshop.
Please do not hesitate to contact me using the contact form.
Week day evening. Each Tuesday evening for 6 weeks. Starts Tuesday 6th March 2018.
Intensive weekend version. 2 full days Saturdays 17th & 24th March 2018.
PRACTICAL PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP – LOW LIGHT & NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY – By Trevor Waldron
Sunday 18th March 2018 4.30pm – 8.30pm